Tuesday, September 2, 2008

a little lemon, a lot of rose


All I knew about my recent spiritual retreat was when I was suppose to leave. Bryan spent hours typing up notes, ideas and guidelines for my time away. Some of it meditative, some encouraging, but all filled with love just for me. I had two days planned out by the two men who love me most, the lovers of my soul. God and Bryan.


From the moment I stopped at The Lemon Rose Farm, I knew the time was set for wooing my heart. The garden had many nooks and crannies full of beauty and creativity. It even had a waterfall calling to my soul. My room was, of course, even better. It had a fireplace, jacuzzi bath, china teacups, a private patio overlooking the garden, and flowers and chocolates from Bryan.

I spent my time sipping lots of tea, drinking in the beauty of God's creation as I listened to the melodies of nature. God spoke to my heart about His pure enjoyment of me. Not only me the mother, wife, etc., but the “me” I so often bury under the responsibilities of life.

These two days were a pursuit of my heart, a reminder that God made me beautifully and wonderfully for His purposes. That my true identity s that of a warrior princess. That the parts of me that I bury are a part I withhold, not only from God, but from those around me. A reminder that He meant me to be whole as I minister to my husband, my kids, and those He brings across my path. In these two days I felt God delight in me, and I delighted in Him.

2 comments:

Jenny Jack said...

Ahhh...darlin. I feel peace as I read this. God IS in pursuit of you...you are so precious. Thank you for writing this. I am reminded to let him pursue me too. I love and miss you so so much!

Griselda Johnson said...

I love you!! God has created an incredible woman in you!